Application and/or Forms For:
  Dental Plan
  Active Member's Forms
  Retired Member's Forms
  Other Forms -
  School Board Contributions
  Group Life Insurance forms
  Reciprocal Transfers



Dental Plan


Dental Summary Sheet


The Benefits of Going Online


Superannuation Plan

  2020 Pension Deposit Dates

Sick Leaves & Disability Benefits Plan


Group Life Insurance Plan



Teachers' Superannuation Commission Annual Report 2018-19


Group Life Insurance Plan Annual Report 2018-19

  Annual Pensioner Letter

Annual Statement Letter

  Copy of the Annual Member Statement
  Daily Contribution Tables for 2020

Information Manual


Governance Manual

  Strategic Plan
  Communication Plan

Investment Policy and Objective Statement

Acts & Regulations
Dispute Resolution Process
Related Links
About us
Contact us
Comment on our site
Main -> Dental Plan -> Are Dependants Covered?
Are Dependants Covered?
  Spouse or common-law spouse  
* Spouse is a person who is legally married to an eligible member, or a person who has cohabited continuously with an eligible member in a spousal relationship for at least 12 months.  
* Where there is both a legal and common-law spouse, coverage for the legal spouse ceases immediately upon the coverage becoming effective for the common-law spouse.  
Child or stepchild
* Under age 21, living with the teacher, solely dependent upon the teacher for support.
* Age 21 or over whom, by reason of mental or physical infirmity, is solely dependent upon the teacher for support.

A Disabled child form must be completed and approved by Sun Life Assurance Co. of Canada before the dependent turns age 21. Please contact the Saskatchewan Teachers' Dental Plan Administrator to request a form.


Age 21 and under age 26, dependent upon the teacher for support and in full-time attendance at an educational institution.

A Confirmation letter is required from the Educational Institution as a proof of full-time attendance.

* When submitting a claim for a dependant child, the parent whose birth date falls earliest in the year should submit to their dental plan first and then submit secondly to the spouses dental plan. If the dependant is a student, declare student status and the name of the educational institution on the claim form.
  Who Will Pay?
  What Are the Costs?
  When Am I Eligible?
  Are Dependants Covered?
  Coverage and Level of Benefits?
  What About Fee Changes?
  Plan Limitations
  Prior Estimates?
  How Do I Claim?
  Co-ordination of Benefits?
  Benefits After Termination?
  Additional Information?
  Maximum Reimbursement Levels (.pdf)
Copyright © Saskatchewan Teachers' Superannuation Commission All rights reserved. Powered by