Application and/or Forms For:
  Dental Plan
  Active Member's Forms
  Retired Member's Forms
  Other Forms -
  School Board Contributions
  Group Life Insurance forms
  Reciprocal Transfers



Dental Plan


Dental Summary Sheet


The Benefits of Going Online


Superannuation Plan

  2020 Pension Deposit Dates

Sick Leaves & Disability Benefits Plan


Group Life Insurance Plan



Teachers' Superannuation Commission Annual Report 2018-19


Group Life Insurance Plan Annual Report 2018-19

  Annual Pensioner Letter

Annual Statement Letter

  Copy of the Annual Member Statement
  Daily Contribution Tables for 2020

Information Manual


Governance Manual

  Strategic Plan
  Communication Plan

Investment Policy and Objective Statement

Acts & Regulations
Dispute Resolution Process
Related Links
About us
Contact us
Comment on our site
Main -> Dental Plan -> How Do I Claim?
How Do I Claim?
* Effective July 1, 2004, the Teachers' Dental Plan approved the option for assignment of benefits to the dental office instead of the teacher being reimbursed for dental services. Please discuss whether your dental office allows for assignment.
* Proof of claim must be provided on a dental claim form approved and provided by the Teachers' Superannuation Commission.
* Obtain the appropriate claim form from the school division, your dentist, denturist, the Teachers' Superannuation Commission or the Saskatchewan Teachers' Federation. All dentists/denturists in the Province of Saskatchewan have been provided with a supply of dental claim forms to be used by teachers covered under the Saskatchewan Teachers' Dental Plan.  
* To file a claim or estimate:
  When the dental work has been done, have the dentist or denturist complete the dentist's part of the claim form. Receipts are no longer required to be forwarded with the claim.
* Each patient must use a separate claim form.
- If you are on a regular, temporary or replacement contract you should submit the claim directly to the insurance carrier.
- If you are claiming for dependant children, and your spouse has a dental plan, apply first to the parent's plan whose birth date (month and day) falls earliest in the calendar year.
- If you are submitting a Co-ordination of Benefits claim, the reimbursement statement from the original claim must be submitted with a completed teacher dental claim form.
- For those eligible teachers married to other eligible teachers, when submitting your dental claim, either electronically or paper filing, indicate on the back that this claim is for Co-ordination of Benefits. Sun Life should adjudicate both claims at the same time.
- Sun Life will adjudicate your claim in accordance with the Plan and will make payment to you with a statement providing details of the claim settlement.
- Claimants should expect settlement of a properly completed claim form within one week after the date Sun Life receives the claim.
- Complete the teacher's portion of the dental claim which includes the opposite side of the claim form.
- Claims and estimates are to be on separate claim forms.
- All claims must be received by the insurance carrier within 18 months from the date of service, to be considered for reimbursement.  
  Who Will Pay?
  What Are the Costs?
  When Am I Eligible?
  Are Dependants Covered?
  Coverage and Level of Benefits?
  What About Fee Changes?
  Plan Limitations
  Prior Estimates?
  How Do I Claim?
  Co-ordination of Benefits?
  Benefits After Termination?
  Additional Information?
  Maximum Reimbursement Levels (.pdf)
Copyright © Saskatchewan Teachers' Superannuation Commission All rights reserved. Powered by