Application and/or Forms For:
  Dental Plan
  Active Member's Forms
  Retired Member's Forms
  Other Forms -
  School Board Contributions
  Group Life Insurance forms
  Reciprocal Transfers



Dental Plan


Dental Summary Sheet


The Benefits of Going Online


Superannuation Plan

  2020 Pension Deposit Dates

Sick Leaves & Disability Benefits Plan


Group Life Insurance Plan



Teachers' Superannuation Commission Annual Report 2018-19


Group Life Insurance Plan Annual Report 2018-19

  Annual Pensioner Letter

Annual Statement Letter

  Copy of the Annual Member Statement
  Daily Contribution Tables for 2020

Information Manual


Governance Manual

  Strategic Plan
  Communication Plan

Investment Policy and Objective Statement

Acts & Regulations
Dispute Resolution Process
Related Links
About us
Contact us
Comment on our site
Main -> FAQs


Q: Once I retire can I drop out of the Group Life Insurance program at any time?
  A: No, you cannot drop out once the insurance year has started. We can only cancel insurance coverage at the end of August. We can send you a drop out form to complete. When it is returned to our office, we will cancel your insurance effective August 31.
Q: I'm looking to retire what do I need to do next?

You must contact the Saskatchewan Teachers' Superannuation Commission (STSC) to apply for any benefit payable from the superannuation plan by submitting the appropriate froms THREE months in advance of you receiving your allowance. Applying to commence your retirement allowance must be done separately from notifying your School Division of your retirement, even if you plan on returning to teach as a substitute or on a temporary contract.

*You must apply for any benefit from the plan before the end of the year that you reach age 71.

Q: Why is my allowance reduced when I turn age 65?
  A: Because the Saskatchewan Teachers' Superannuation Plan (STSP) is integrated with the Canada Pension Plan (CPP), in addition to the Lifetime Retirement Allowance, the STSP provides for a Bridge Benefit from the date of the teacher's retirement to age 65. The Bridge Benefit is intended to fill the gap in income between the teacher's actual retirement date and the receipt of CPP benefits assumed to occur at age 65. The Bridge Benefit ends at age 65 regardless of when the teacher chooses to apply for and receive CPP.
Q: How can I attain a printed dental card that contains my personal identification numbers?
  A: The Saskatchewan Teachers' Superannuation Commission (STSC) does not issue dental cards to its members, however if you are a registered user of the Sun Life Online Claims service you can print off a dental card that contains your personal identification numbers for your wallet. Please go to the main page of the STSC website and click on the link "New - The Benefits of Going Online" for the guide on how to register for the online service. For further reference please remember the members Contract #25273.
Copyright © Saskatchewan Teachers' Superannuation Commission All rights reserved. Powered by